Thursday, July 3, 2014

PiYo Meal Plan: Week 1

I was at the lake this week with my family and I was able to get a PiYo workout done in the camper! I don't officially start until Monday with my challenge group, but I wanted to test run some of the workouts! I also wrote out my meal plan for week 1 and that's what I'm sharing with you incase you are starting on your PiYo journey and want some ideas!
piyo, pilates, cardio, piyo eating plan, piyo meal plan, clean eating, summer, weight loss, body after baby, stretch, flexible, rv, camper, boat, lake, camping, workouts while camping
PiYo in the camper
 
piyo, pilates, cardio, piyo eating plan, piyo meal plan, clean eating, summer, weight loss, body after baby, stretch, flexible, lake, boat, camping

I like that the plan resembles that of the 21 Day Fix. Its a little different- and there's no containers- but the amount of what type of foods and how many depending on your calorie goal is written out for you. It's seriously so easy to follow! I like easy.
 
These PiYo workouts are key to burning fat, building lean muscle mass, and staying healthy- but that's only part of the battle (as you know!). If you want to LOOK your best, FEEL your best, and BE your best... you need to eat right too. That doesn't mean resorting to fad diets. We've all been there...done that!! It doesn't mean starving yourself by eating an impossibly low amount of calories (can we say HANGRY), and it definitely doesn't mean forcing yourself to swallow blah health food. Enter- a balanced diet (what you eat, not a "diet") with a variety of good healthy food that you enjoy.
piyo, pilates, cardio, piyo eating plan, piyo meal plan, clean eating, summer, weight loss, body after baby, stretch, flexible

I love teaching others a new lifestyle not a quick fix! I've learned about clean eating and have taught it. But I love to try new things too! I also need help getting back on track from time to time and this is a great plan. When I did the calculations, I was given the baseline calories of 1,494. That would've put me in the "Plan B" calorie target, but I decided to bring myself to the "Plan A" calorie target because...this chick has a fitness photo shoot at the end of the month to prepare for! Ah there I said it out loud!

So for Plan A...my daily goal is: 4 Servings from the Primary Vegetable list, 2 servings from the Secondary Vegetable & Grans list, 2 servings from the Fresh Fruit list, 4 servings from the Lean Protein list and 3 servings from the Healthy Fats list. It ends up being about 40% carbs, 35% protein and 25% fats- hello macros! Mama likes.

I usually make my meal plans easy peasy, you wont see much variety from me. Variety is possible, of course. But I tend to stick to what I know I like and will get eaten (budget friendly haha). I usually type out a nice pretty meal plan divided into days and meals but I didn't get to that yet. So you get the old fashioned typed out version. Cool?
ok.
Monday/Wednesday/Friday
Breakfast:
1/4 cup oatmeal
      3/4 cup blueberries
2 HB eggs
AM Snack:
Cucumbers
1 cup peppers
2 tbsp. avocado
 Lunch:
Shakeology with almond milk and 1/2 banana
PM Snack:
1 cup broccoli
1 cup carrots
2 tbsp. hummus
Dinner:
4oz. seasoned chicken or tilapia
10 asparagus or summer squash
Tuesday & Thursday
Breakfast:
2 eggs
2 tbsp. avocado
1 cup spinach
AM Snack:
apple
1 1/2 tbsp. of PB
1 cup of yogurt or Results & Recovery post workout
Lunch:
Shakeology with almond milk & 1/2 banana
PM Snack:
1 cup cherry tomatoes
cucumbers
1 tbsp. hummus
Dinner:
3 oz. Pork Tenderloin or Steak
1/2 cup sweet potato
Eggplant

Usually the first week of a new eating plan for me is basic like I said. Then as the days go on I get a little more adventurous and do switch some things up and get a little more creative!

If you're starting PiYo, you read these few tips in the booklet but I want to share them!
1. Space out your meals. Several smaller meals allow you to absorb nutrients and keep your blood sugar steady. Try to eat three meals a day, with two or three snacks in between.
2. Stay hydrated. Water keeps all of our systems lubricated and running smoothly. We recommend that you drink half your weight in ounces, everday. So if you weight 140 pounds, drink at least 70 ounces of water.
3. Shakeology can make a nutritious, easy meal or snack, anytime of day. Why isn't it included on any of the food lists? Because its a perfect balance of most of them! When you make a daily shake, you can count 1 scoop as any of the following:
1 1/2 servings Secondary Veggies and Grains
2 servings Fresh Fruit
1 serving of Lean Protein.
I count mine as one of my proteins.

shakeology, barista, toddler
Cute toddler not included
So that's my week 1 meal plan for PiYo! Are you doing PiYo? Are you interested in learning more?
Leave a comment below or message me on Facebook.

XO-Coach Sarah


2 comments:

  1. Im starting pyio Nov 3rd and i did my calculations im at 1439 and nervous about that many vegetables and protein if i went down to first bracket would i still see results

    ReplyDelete
  2. The longer bacterium stays on your gums, the greater the damage will be. Eventually, the bacterium will kill enough tissue to loosen the tooth. However, if you stop the bacteria from attacking your mouth, you will effectively prevent gum disease, preventing inflammatory gum disease will improve your overall health. can diabetics eat dairy queen ice cream

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...