Friday, September 12, 2014

21 Day Fix FAQ

I run 21 Day Fix challenge groups on Facebook and I'm always trying to find helpful information for my challengers. Since this program is only about 8 months old, its still fairly new and we are all learning new things as we go along.
21 DAY FIX, 21 DAY FIX FAQ, 21 DAY FIX CONTAINERS, 21 DAY FIX MEAL PLAN, 21 DAY FIX GUIDE, 21 DAY FIX RECIPES, 21 DAY FIX RESULS
 
Autumn frequently does videos on her YouTube channel (which I love!) and she has done quite a few FAQ sessions. So I figured I would compile a list of FAQ regarding the 21 Day Fix here on my blog and answer them from Autum's YouTube videos. So if you are currently doing the Fix or have been thinking of doing it, keep reading!
 FAQ
Can I eat PB2 (powdered peanut butter)? -Count it as a teaspoon. Or use real organic peanut butter or almond butter?
"Can I eat Quest Bars?"- "if it isn't on the list you aren't eating it on the 21 Day Fix" ...hey Autumn said it not me! At least for the first round. After that you can count it as a "treat". With that, the 21 Day Fix meal plan does have a recipe on how to make your own protein bars using Shakeology.
How many egg whites count as a red container? It's about three to four egg whites.
"Can I do the 21 Day Fix while pregnant? "-Yes. But ALWAYS check with your doctor first. There are low impact modifications and you will make sure you are consuming enough calories
"Can I do the 21 Day Fix while breastfeeding?"- Same as above and of course always check with Dr. As far as the nutrition side, do your basic calculations, and whatever category you fall into: ADD 500 calories. May keep you in same category or move you into the next one.
"Can you do Shakeology on the 3 Day Fix?" -No. The 3 Day Fix is very specific. You have to follow it to a T. Drink your Shakeology for the first 19 days and for after the 3 Day Fix.
"Do you (Autumn) drink Shakeology with the 21 Day Fix?"- Yes, I love the Vegan chocolate
"What does ezekial bread count as?"- 1 piece - 1 yellow
"Is butter ok on the Fix?"- Yes if its natural organic. It counts as 1tsp.
"It's only day 3 and I'm starving. I'm going to cheat if it stays like this. Help!" - First, take a look at your calculations, make sure you're in the right category. Also, make sure you're eating all of your food and spacing it out every 3 hours. Next, look and see how active you are. If you have an active job, if you are running after kids, if you wake up at 5am and don't go to bed until midnight: use the formula on pg. 76
"I find I'm not able to finish my meals and I feel fluffy"- You need to finish your meals and space them out throughout the day. We are retraining your body and it is nutrient-dense food so you get to eat more of it. You can eat every 2 hours and make them smaller meals. The program is balanced and scientifically based. You wont get enough calories or macro nutrients if you skip containers. Your body will adapt- give it about 3 weeks (21 days..hint hint).
"How often can I work my abs?"- You can work them as often as you want. Put in 10 minute abs and feel free to work them.
"Do I have to use Shakeology in place of a meal on the 21 Day Fix?"- Shakeology we call it the healthiest meal of the day there are so many nutrients, vitamins and minerals that are so good for you so it is good to have everyday. But you don't have to have it as one of your meals. You can use it as a snack or for post workout.
"I'm lacking creativity with my meals. What do I do?"- This should be easy. Mix and match, choose throughout the lists. You can adapt a recipe you found and make the work for the 21 Day Fix. Have fun with it. Grilling helps to add flavor.
"Autumn how do you take your coffee?"- I drink it Americano. I don't add cream, just some organic sugar.
"How do you cook your oats?"- I measure out my outs and cook them with water.
I'll add cinnamon, agave/maple syrup and sometimes 1 tsp of peanut butter. You can also add pumpkin pie spice as well to change up the flavor!
"What weights do you suggest to use if you are brand new to exercising"- For women I would get 2-5lbs weights. For guys I would say 10's or 12's. You can always move up from there.
"What day can I do a plyo workout instead?"- You can sub it out for leg day or you can add it to pilates or upper body.
"Can I eat cracker and cookies? If not how can I stop eating cookies"- There are a few recipes for cookies you can make on the 21 Day Fix. Crackers are listed under the yellow group. They fall at the top of the list but you can have them. Go cold turkey on the cookies ;)
"Where can I get more recipes?"- Pinterest is a great resource or your Beachbody coach.
"Is this a plan I can use for a lifetime?"- Yes. It is designed to teach you portion control and you will get used to it and get used to not having your treats everyday of the week. You will learn about moderation. You will get used to what your containers look like on your plate, without using your containers. You can always go back to it to check and make sure you are on track.
"I wanted to double up workouts from day 1 instead of day 15."-If you are new to working out, give yourself at least the first week for your body to adjust. Then if you feel like it, go for it.
"Can I use almond milk, or skim milk?"- You can replace it 3x a week and it counts as a yellow.
"Why are peanuts in the blue and orange list"- If they are whole, you can have a few more. If you chop them, you have to use the orange container.
"How do you stick to a healthy eating plan when you're feeding a whole family?"- Why would you feed your family unhealthy food when you're feeding yourself healthy food. Try to get your family eating as healthy as you are. In terms of veggies and fruits and healthy proteins and snacks. Make the cookies from the book. Try to get everybody doing the same thing. Test it out, make it fun. Kids like the containers.
"What is the best container for (fresh) salsa"- Consider it one of your veggies, or if you're using it as a condiment count it as a free food.
"How soon can I start round 2 of the 21 Day Fix?" - When you end day 21, day 22 can be day 1 of round 2. No need to wait.
"Can I use a workout recovery drink?'- it isn't in the book, but if you're doing more than one 21 Day Fix workout- use 1 scoop and count it as a yellow.
"How can I make the containers work if I'm vegan?"- There are vegan options, but you have to be aware you wont meet the macro counts. You will still see results, and the flexibility of the plan allows you for success.
"Why are there 2 orange containers?"- if you are using your containers, you can use one for dressing.
"Can you buy extra containers?"- yes you can, contact your coach!
"Can I eat out at a restaurant while on the 21 Day Fix?" - You will find a restaurant guide and a "home cooking" type guide for you to use.
"What do I do when I hit a plateau?"- You can try out the 3 Day Fix and your body will respond to it.  Change up your variety in foods.With workouts, bump your weight up a little more. You can always try and double workouts in as well.
"Can I use E&E (energy & endurance pre-workout) during the 21 Day Fix"- yes you can use it and it counts as a freebie.

Make sure you read through the whole book! You can also check out the message boards on www.teambaechbody.com.

Few Tips:
If you add ingredients to your Shakeology, make sure your counting them. If you add banana it counts as a fruit. If you add peanut butter it still counts for a tbsp.
If you have an event coming up, save your treats and wine for the weekend or event.
Take it one day at a time, one meal at a time. Don't try and plan out the entire 21 days. Take it one day at a time if you need to.

I'll be adding to this list, but if you have any questions, please comment below!
oxygen, oxygen magazine, 21 day fix, workout

Autumn is on the cover of Oxygen for the month of October...pick up a copy!
Also the 21 Day Fix is on SALE the month of September so be sure to fill out the form below if you would like to join my next Fix challenge group! <---click for details 

Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...