Monday, July 15, 2013

Focus T25 & Quinoa Patties

I'm not gonna lie that title seems a little ridiculous. Lemme explain. Focus T25 is the new workout I'm doing. It's 25 minutes a day, 5 days a week. Perf. for me since I'm not a fan of working out on the weekend. Today was DAY 1 and... I SURVIVED! You can do anything for 25 minutes..unless its day 1 and you need to take a few breaks and or follow the modifier a few times and or change a poopy diaper mid way through (I may of been thankful for the break).
 
 
 
Today was CARDIO and I busted my butt! Shaun T's 25 minutes is no joke. Each exercise was a progression. At first it was cake and then the next step was a little harder then full on crazy pants. There is also a session called "burn out" where you do a mix of the exercises as fast and hard as you can. It reminded me of the fire drills in Turbo Fire!
 
 
 
I also really really realized how I need to make an effort to wake up when my alarm goes off and workout in the morning and get my shower in. Have I talked about how I need to do this and how much happier I am when I actually do this. YUP. So... Sarah... just do it already!
 
 
I used the Focus T25 nutrition guide to create my meal plan this week. I really like this nutrition plan. It's simple and Shaun T is real. Most Beachbody programs come with one and I've used them in the past as a reference. With the T25 one there are only 5 ingredients for each recipe and there are usually ingredients I've actually heard of. Except for the "temeh" that I had to Google. And by my surprise my Weis actually carried.
 
 
So tonight on my meal plan for dinner was the "Quinoa Patties & Spinach". I like anything in "patty" form, I'm not sure why. Maybe its the crispy-ness. Anyway these are CLEAN and DELISH. WIN WIN. So here you go! Add these to your list for dinner ideas!
 
 
 
(makes 1 serving)
-3/4 cup cooked quinoa
-1/2 med. red bell pepper, finely chopped
-4 tsp. flax seed
-Sea salt and black ground pepper (to taste)
-1 large egg
-Nonstick cooking spray
-3 cups fresh baby spinach
 
 
 
-Combine cooked quinoa, bell pepper, flaxseed, salt, pepper, and egg in a medium bowl; mix well. Form into two balls; yes this makes me laugh. So mature.... (here is where I forgo the instructions and put them in the pan because A.the instructions are kind of confusing and B.it didn't work anyway). Press ball into a patty.
 
-Head medium skillet lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat.
 
-Cook patties for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and light golden. Remove from skillet. Keep warm.
 
-Add spinach to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes., or until wilted.
 
-Place spinach on serving plate and top with patties (I should've had more spinach!)
 
They look prettier in the book but still tasted great!
 
 
CALS:298 FAT:9g SAT FAT:1g CHOLESTEROL: 0g SODIUM: 512mg CARBS: 41g
 FIBER: 11g SUGAR:3g PROTEIN: 15g
 
PS: don't be scared of carbs- these are the GOOD kind.
 
XO-SP
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...