Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What is clean eating? The Basics

What is clean eating? Is what I googled (Google University grad here) when I started to really focus on my nutrition!
 
 
So The Eat Clean diet, isn't really a "diet". It is a lifestyle change. It's looking at the way we eat differently. Nutrition is 80% yes, 80%, of our weight loss success. Exercise makes up 10% and genetics the other 10%.
Eating Clean is a pretty simple concept actually. It's going back to basics. Tosca Reno explains it best: Eating more good food: 5-6 times a day leaves you happy, content and without cravings! Oh, who is Tosca Reno? Just the Eat Clean Queen! and author of "The Eat Clean Diet" - my nutrition bible! (and where I get all my info!)
 
I highly suggest you get this book!
Good Food=
fruits
vegetables
whole grains
complex carbs
lean protein
minimal processed foods
 
Below are the Eat-Clean Principles.
"Keep in mind the idea that you may want to go all out into Eating Clean full force, or you may want to eliminate just one or two things at a time from your diet" -TR
 
 
 
If you're going to do this in steps, first make changes that you know you will be able to stick to! Then incorporate more of the principles as you go along.
 
You will actually be eating MORE to sustain your appetite and keep your metabolism. Space out your meals like this:
 
Breakfast
 (within 1 hour of waking up)
AM Snack
Lunch
PM Snack
Dinner
Evening Snack if hungry
 
Eating more frequently will mean you have to watch your portion sizes! Don't go eating everything in sight or large quantities.
 
An example of my day:
 
B:Old fashion oatmeal with almond milk, cinnamon, Stevia and blueberries
AS: Apple with all natural PB
Lunch: Shakeology (my meal replacement shake)
PS: Veggies with garlic hummus
Dinner: Panko chicken with asparagus and quinoa or brown rice
 
For beverages stick with water! You can read all about how important it is for you here.
Other choices would be black coffee (my one vice aside from wine is that I still am using my coffee mate creme brulee creamer), clear herbal tea, and green tea.
 
I hope this helped you understand the basics of clean eating and gave you enough info to start your new lifestyle! You will feel so good and energized with just a few changes! Comment with any questions! More info to come on this topic along with easy and tasty recipes! OH and yes you do get a "cheat" meal (yes meal not day or weekend!) I'm still searching for a better word than cheat meal...any ideas?
 
 
 
XO-SP 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...