Monday, December 9, 2013

Cilantro Lime Chicken {Crockpot}

Yesterday I made a recipe I've had for awhile. It's originally a freezer to crockpot meal (which is an awesome idea). I wanted to use the crock pot yesterday and so this is what I picked!


Cilantro Lime Chicken

1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast
juice from 2 limes
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp cumin 
salt and pepper to taste



Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Mix together and zip bag closed.
When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 8 hours (or HIGH for 4 hours). 


Serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings (lite sour cream (plain greek yogurt is a healthier option), guacamole, fresh salsa, and low fat cheese).



I will be honest and tell you I didn't plan the toppings very well haha, sooooo yes I used a LITTLE bit of lite ranch dressing, but then I used my fresh salsa and avocado!!! It was SO good. So good in fact, that my sister in law who is a vegetarian and on the boarder of eating chicken again....ate it! I'm honored to know MY meal was the meal that got her to eat meat! Crazy! 

I hope you enjoy! Click here for the origin of this recipe and for other crock pot meals! 

Do you want to see more recipes on the blog? Post below!

XO-Coach Sarah 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...