Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March Promotions & Les Mills Pump Spotlight

2 Blog posts in 1 day? Don't get too used to this haha!
 
So every month, Beachbody runs promotions on different programs. This month there is a few I want to share with you (nothing like waiting til the last week of the month!) and one program I want to highlight as I will be doing it next!
 
Before I get started, I do want to share with you that this month, for every purchase that is made, I will be donating a portion to the Mario Lemieux foundation. Why? Because my amazing upline coach Katy Ursta was recently diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma and I want to support her cause. You can help! All you have to do is commit to making changes to live a healthier life. Starting with one of the following programs...
cancer, punch cancer in the face, les mills combat, hockey
 
 
1. Les Mills Combat. Help us PUNCH CANCER IN THE FACE with this program. If you're looking for a program to get you summer ready...this is what you need in your life. This is the ultimate mixed martial arts workout program. Meaning- you could burn up to 1,000 calories per hour. BOOM. They throw in some extras too like a fitness guide, nutrition guide, and 7 day jump start guide. Of course I'll be your coach, you'll have a spot in my challenge group and for the big PUNCH if you will---It's only $10 more when you purchase Shakeology with it. WIN! 

2. The Ultimate Reset. This program is clinically proven to help you lose weight and improve your overall health in 21 days. Not only that but you will see a lowering of: body mass index, triglycerides, blood pressure, total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol. TWO main points I want to make. You EAT FOOD. And you DON'T workout during these 21 days. If you are interested in doing this cleanse, please contact me. There is a ton of information we can go over!
the ultimate reset
 
 3. NOW to get to the beef of my post. Les Mills Pump. Matt actually got this program when I was pregnant with Ava. I haven't done it yet, but is next on the list. You do the Pump workout 3 days a week, for 30 minutes, then you "walk" or do other cardio the other days. I'm more of a T25, Turbo Fire or 21 Day Fix cardio person so I will be doing those on the "walk" days. Plus I'll be able to really mix it up! FUN!
Here is where I come back to Katy Ursta.
She has done this program so I want to spotlight her story since I KNOW her! So let's just jump into it!
 
Recap on the program:
 I am not going to lie, I went into this program not thinking it was going to be challenging enough.  Seriously, 3 walk days a week just wasn't my cup of tea!  I don't walk, EVER!  I am either running or sprinting in every thing I do in life.  Instead of letting that deter me from the program I just improvised and added in my own cardio on the walking days!  And BAM I had a high intensity BRING IT ON attitude after the first workout.
In fact, my arms are burning and on fire for at least 20  minutes after the workout has finished.  I love it!  After only 3 weeks I was already noticing my arms getting even more toned and sculpted.  With that, I was hooked.  The best part is that I don't have to go to a gym, pay child care and fees to take a class.  I can workout in my basement, in my underwear if I want to at any time of the day!  It just works for me!!!  It's totally my cup of TEA!
 
Thoughts on the workouts:
I loved these workouts because I could feel my body changing with each repetition.  I looked forward to my each workout knowing that I was getting results.  Although I love the results in my arms, I am very pleasantly surprised to see a HUGE change with my junk in the trunk!  Wow, I guess all those squats do make a difference! 
 
What makes Les Mills so exciting?
Beachbody® and Les Mills International teamed up specifically to bring to the world the best trainers, the best chart-topping music, and the best body-changing PUMP moves, so the same results can now be achieved at home that millions of people get in gyms every day.
Done three times a week, this barbell-based rapid weight loss and accelerated strength-training program reshapes a person's entire body extremely fast!
 
What makes Les Mills so effective?
It's all about THE REP EFFECT™. Unlike traditional strength workouts, which feature heavy weights that bulk people up, this program features light-to-moderate weights used at a higher rate of repetition. The constantly changing tempo, body position, and speed of THE REP EFFECT breaks down more fat reserves, targets more muscle fibers, and burns more calories than traditional weight training.
 
What are the workouts like?
Muscles reach fatigue by performing 70-100 repetitions per body part. That's about 4 times more reps than one would typically perform in a standard gym workout.
 
Do people really only have to workout 3 days a week?We encourage anyone to engage in non-resistance training workouts (such as cardio or cross-training) on days that they're not doing LES MILLS PUMP.

Who can do this workout?
  • Men and women who want to lose weight and get fit
  • People who want leaner, stronger muscles
  • Those new to working out
  • Women who are afraid of getting bulky from lifting weights
  • Fans of BODYPUMP gym classes who like to work out at home
  • People who want to try something new
  • People who do other Beachbody programs, such as: P90X®, RevAbs®, TurboFire®, 10-Minute Trainer®, and INSANITY®
  • Weightlifters who want to improve muscular endurance

  • What is your takeaway from this program?
    That Pump Revolution is the hardest workout!  I seriously within 4 hours couldn't lift my arms above my head!  I have learned that this workout is the best booty and leg workout ever!!  You want a toned body this is the way to go!!!  I'm loving it!  I don't like the walk days so I always sub in Asylum, Les Mills Combat or Insanity!  But it's well rounded and I am having fun!  I am still aiming for close to 2000 calories a day.  I am focusing on controlling my carbs to 2-3 servings per day!  Adding in extra veggies and protein and water water water!!!  So far so good!
    les mills pump, les mills pump challenge pack
    Challenge pack
    Does that get you excited to do this program?! Who wants to start with me?! I'll be starting April 7th! If you want to join me you'll have to grab the Les Mills Pump challenge pack before the end of the month. It will include: your workouts, nutrition and fitness guide, barbell with weights, a 30 day supply of Shakeology and a spot in the challenge group. Fill out the form below and I will contact you! No matter what you decide on, I am here for you as your coach! Let's get summer ready and create lasting habits for a healthy, fitter life! WHOOP!!!

    XO-SP

    
    Fill out my online form.
    Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...